Yes, I am one of those big dorks that went to a midnight showing of TWILIGHT last night. I have to say it was only at the prompting of my friends who had already read all 4 books and were super excited to go. They informed me I HAD to read it, so this weekend I read like a mad woman forgetting most responsibilities of life.
I don't know what I was thinking staying up for a movie. I also can't hardly sit 45 min. without having to go to the bathroom. Needless to say 5 hours and 3 bathroom breaks later,( I did not actually have to go during the movie, 2 before, 1 after), the movie was over. I have to say having just barely read it that it was slightly disappointing. But I don't know if any movie would be worth staying up for. It was a good movie and it was fun to hang out with my friends but, I could have waited. Next time I'll know better!
Friday, November 21, 2008
Twilight!!
Posted by Fausett Family at 9:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I'm going with Mom, Dad, Leah, and my Grandma tomorrow afternoon. I read the books Memorial Day weekend. I totally abandoned my family! Jim was a trouper and did everything just knowing that I was a fast reader and I would be better off getting it "out of the way". LOL! Hey, what are you guys doing for Thanksgiving? We are going to be at Jim's family's in Redlands. It would be so fun to see your family.
I'm so impressed you read the book that fast and read it for the movie! It was a fun experience to go with you gals, but I'm with ya...I don't know if I'll do it again. :) I'm so tired today! Although, I just might do it for harry potter 6......
Keep reading, it gets better. We are driving all day Wednesday to CA and will come home Saturday. I am NOT looking forward to that drive. We haven't been to CA for the holidays in years. Usually the roads are too bad to risk driving. The weather has been so great and gas prices have dropped so much that we figured we'd go. I would much rather spend the weekend with your family than Jim's, but I guess you can't pick your relatives! Is your Mom and Dad's phone # still the same? If so, I'll call you next week and we can get together sometime, even if it's just for a Rosa Maria's burrito. I hope they won't be closed. I will be totally bummed! I have a major craving!!
Allison- Hi! It's been a while but this is Amy Presley (now Ruiz). Your family is beautiful...I would love to catch up and find out how you've been over the years. It's been so long. We are all grown up! I found Candice's mom on facebook and eventually made my way here. Take care, I look forward to hearing from you... tada4@roadrunner.com
I'm going tonight! (Saturday) I can't wait! If you only read the first book, then there is so much of the story that you don't know! Keep on reading!
the books are awesome so you for sure have to read them all. as far as the movie goes i was definitely disappointed. hopefully they will spend more money on the next on and the acting will be a little better. as far as going at midnight that was fun. it keeps us young:) glad you decided to come!
I loved these books. You really do have to read all of them. The last one was the best. I'm still waiting to get a free day so I can go see the movie. Sometime this week hopefully. I'll cross my fingers. I need a free day.
I feel the same way about the movie. It was all so much better left to MY imagination! I'm impressed you did the midnight show. We waited till Friday at 8pm.
Post a Comment