I know we all wonder what our kids would really do in an emergency. Mine apparently need some more practice. Last night as we were frantically trying to get out the door, I was hurriedly getting food ready to feed Jill so we could leave. I opened the microwave door to get her food out and left it opened so I could put another bowl back in. Well, as I turned to get the other bowl the door had swung totally open and as I turned around BAM!! I smacked my face right into the edge of the door. I thought I had broken my nose and it threw me back and I landed on the floor. ( I know you all are totally laughing right now.) Anyways Elena, Noah, and Rex were all standing there while I laid on the kitchen floor with my hand over my face. They all came and stood over me but Noah was the only one that kneelt down and asked if I was ok. After watching me lay there for awhile, Elena went into our bedroom to tell Ben who eventually came out only to offer me a hand off the ground and see that I was conscious. Finding that yes, I was still alive he walked into the other room to finish whatever he was doing. (Thanks Ben for the sympathy)
Now I know I am exagerating alittle, but what if I had really been knocked out? Now I know I can't count on my kids to be too concerned. So if you are ever in an emergency I hope that it is not my kids that are the only people around. It could take awhile to get help.
Oh yeah my nose still hurts today but its not broken, just a little bruised. That still didn't stop us from making an appearance at the Quick Care that night. Yes, only 2 hours later we were at the Quick Care with Rex. He's ok too!
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
EMERGENCY!!!
Posted by Fausett Family at 10:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
haha that's funny! Your kids would call for help in an emergency, you just weren't dead looking enough yet:))
Why did you go to quick care with REx..expand on that! Hope you had a good thanksgiving..I need to call you.
oh my... that's a funny story though. What happened to Rex???
Glad you are okay...I would be interested to hear that Rex is okay as well.
WHAT?!?! I panicked a little when I read your title and thought ahhh I wonder if she needed any help and we were out of town! Glad to hear everyone is alright. Poor little Rex. I hope he is still up for playing tomorrow! And you too!
Post a Comment