So yesterday Jill got her first vaccinations. Needless to say she didn't fair so well. First of all Jillie has been a really great baby and hardly ever cries. In fact when she wakes at night it isn't her crying that wakes me up, it's her cute little noises. So when the shots came she went hysterical. But we got in the car and she fell asleep. It was after that I thought I was going to lose it. When she woke up 2 hours later the crying started and went on and on and on. I feed her, gave her tylenol, and she preceeded to spit up(throw-up) every 15 minutes. This went on for the next 5 hours. I can handle alot but the crying was wearing me down. I felt so bad for her. We called the doctor because on the paper they gave me it said she was having a "moderate" reaction to the shots. Apparently 3 or more hours of crying is a sign that something is wrong. HELLO, I could have told you that. They told me to just put cold compresses on her legs and give her tylenol. Eventually she fell asleep around 9:00pm and yes by then she was running a mild fever. She did ok through the night and I think she is feeling much better today although she is sleeping alot. I don't know if I want to go through that again in 2 months for the 2nd round of shots. Poor litttle girl! Oh, yeah they said at the doctor she is perfect and is growing great, already 9lbs 8 ozs. My mom thinks that is still so small because most of her kids were born at that weight or BIGGER. 3 of them were 10lbs or more. Crazy I know!!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
How sad. I hate shots. You just have to remember the bigger picture. They are here to help give her immunity to this crazy world. How sad for you though. I know your pain.
I hope she isn't allergic! I am allergic to the preservative Thimerasol that is in a lot of shots. It hurt SO BAD when I got a shot with that in it! I hope she's feeling better.
Poor baby! She looked so cute today I never would have guessed what she'd been through the day before! If you ever need to cart your kids over here to keep from going mental please call us! Good luck in 2 months....maybe it was just a fluke! :)
Poor sweet little thing. That sure would make me nervous to do it again. She is so tiny I cant believe it. She must still look like a newborn. I cant wait to see her. I will be there the first week of June. BTW the gals in the kitchen at Bestsy Rhodes wear hair nets so you dont have much to worry about:)
That is so sad! I am glad that she is doing better today!
Those shots always freak me out. I don't like them. As for your mom have huge babies, YUCK! Can't imagine that. BTW, I am sooo late on VT's this month. I'm going to dland next week, so I might just do a quick drive by. Call a sista if you need anything!!!
Oh, I am so sorry. I hope that she does better. She is so cute though;)
I makes my heart hurt. I hate it when the boys gets shots.
I hate when my kids get shots. And then when something goes wrong, it's so worrying! Remember when Brinley's leg swelled up like an inflateable baseball bat! I'm glad she's good now. She's sooo cute.
Post a Comment