Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I Think I'm Losing It

I swear what I am about to write is not an April Fool's joke, although it could have been one on me. Today Noah had preschool and while he was there I was going to take Elena and Rex over to my friend Aubrey's. I thought I would have things under control. I decided to workout leaving myself just enough time to shower and get everything done. That was probably my first mistake. I did get to excercise but it went down hill fast after that. While in the shower I was washing the bottom of my feet, because it is now 80 degrees here and we are back to flipflops, and anyone that wears flipflops knows your feet get dirty fast especially in Las Vegas (sorry I got a little side tracked) anyways, the next thing I know I am slipping in the shower and I totally fall down. The door goes flying open and I am a little stunned that I just fell in the shower. I hurt my elbow and some how my big toe. By the way when I told Ben he reminded me that, that is what old people do. I could have broke a hip. I get out and pull myself together and now I'm in rush mode to get to preschool on time. I call Noah in to brush his hair and he has a total meltdown because I'm not using the NORMAL comb. We are now going to be late. I yell for everyone to get in the car and Rex comes walking in and immediately I smell the not so pleasent fragrance of DIRTY DIAPER! I grab a diaper and wipes and do the fastest diaper change ever. Elena and Noah are now waiting in the car. I run into the kitchen to grab my keys and behold the dinner I have yet to put in the crockpot for my friend who just had a baby. I decide I'm already late so what does it matter. I whip it up real fast and now Elena is inside asking where I am. I realize it is the first of the month and I need to pay April tuition. I look everywhere for the checkbook. I end up finding it behind the telephone. I run into my room and slip on the first flipflops I see. I pick up Rex, grab his shoes and rush off to school. Noah was only 20 minutes late. I figure thats pretty good for the morning I've had. By the time I get to Aubrey's I'm just glad I can rest and as I take off my shoes by the front door I look down and realize I have two different flipflops, one black and one brown. It was obviously dark in my closet when I ran in there. Needless to say I think I might be losing it.

6 comments:

Keith and Allie said...

Fausett! It's me Allie! Maybe you should shower with a buddy, someone you could grab onto on the way down! Be careful!

nicole said...

HAHAHA....Aren't those days normal. Stuff like that always happens to me when I'm trying to hurry and get somewhere. Hope your big toe is ok. :)

Nicole said...

Wow, total MOM day!!! Isn't it G-R-E-A-T to be a mom. I'm sure you will have some pretty good lookin' bruises to go with the hurt toe and elbow!

Shauna said...

Oh my gosh I was laughing so hard when I read that. I fell in the shower about 2 months ago too and my tailbone hurt for like a week. You are lucky that you didn't break something. We must be getting old.

Aubrey said...

I can't believe what a crazy day you had. Thanks for still coming over. I might have had to call it a day right then and there. ;) Anyway, good job updating your blog too! See, it can act as a family journal in a way!

nicole said...

We have about 10 girls and maybe a couple more if they bring friends. The primary pres. told me I had to bring a treat. Whatever I really don't mind it.