Wednesday, December 17, 2008

More Holiday Fun...

Something different for us Las Vegans is to have snow and we have already been snowed on twice this week. First Monday and again today. In fact by the morning they are expecting 6-10 inches were we live. We have about 3-4 in. right now sitting on the back lawn.
The kids liked it for about a half hour. Then they were just cold and wet.

We tried taking some family holiday pictures. We got less then complete cooperation. Rex didn't take a single picture that he wasn't causing a problem. Please tell me the rest of you with 2 year olds (or any children under the age of 10) struggled to take a picture this year???

On Sunday afternoon we decorated a gingerbread house. The kids did an awesome job, but I hate to say the house didn't make it to a standing position. I thought Ben went to school to become an architect? I guess frosting and cookies are a little out of his building materials expertise.
On Saturday we made the annual trip to the mall to visit good ol' St. Nick. Rex was hilarious as it became our turn he made a beeline for Santa pushing his way through the many boxes and decorations they had set up. Apparently the pathway would take too long for him to jump on his lap and snuggle into his coat and beard.

9 comments:

nicole said...

They are all so cute. I'm sure glad we don't live in the snow any more. Last night we actually got about 3 inches of snow. Hey but that will melt by today.

Lambeth Family said...

Can you believe they canceled school? Crazy! Those gingerbread houses are are to get to a standing position. Forget frosting, we need cement!

Kelly said...

I am now officially finished with the snow. It's crazy that we would have a snow day in Las Vegas. Family pictures with children are so difficult. By the end someone is crying and others are mad...lots of fun!

Keith and Allie said...

Family pictures are always stressful! Did you have to wait in line long to see Santa? We made a gingerbread house too and it is still standing but naked! (my kids have picked off and eaten most of the candy!) Your family is adorable! Glad you are having a fun holiday season!

kristie said...

Your blog is so cute! That's nice that Rex wants to see Santa, we had to bribe Ethan with a candy cane.

Alicia said...

Fun stuff for the holidays. I feel like we are so far behind we won't get caught up. We have yet to visit Santa, but maybe we can do that this weekend (along with decorate the house, decorate the tree, do some baking, get Christmas cards sent, the list goes on and on).

Way to catch the 32 thing on Matt's birthday. It is so funny because this afternoon as I was putting Claira down for her nap, the thought somehow occurred to me that I had said Happy 32nd Birthday on my blog post. It was weird to think of something so random, but it was bugging me so bad that I called Matt at work and had him change it while I was still wrestling with Claira trying to get her to go to sleep. Yes, he is 33--maybe I was just convincing myself that I was still only 30. Who knows, but the problem has been fixed. Take care! Talk to you guys soon!

hendricks14 said...

Wasn't the snow fun! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for watching my kids all day so I could get some sanity and Christmas shopping done! You are a great friend!

camille kempton said...

That was a fun day to have it snow here! My kids were out til 9pm putting together a snowman.

Aubrey said...

I'm terrible, we didn't visit Santa this year. :( And oh my...we take like 30 pictures and I just pray that there will be a decent one in there somewhere. :) That's a super cute picture of your kids out in front of the house in the snow!