Monday, December 29, 2008

Santa Claus CAME to Town!

I love Christmas and all that comes with it. We ended up having a really great time, but I realize now that it is alot of work when your the Mom and Dad. It takes a great deal of patience and understanding that "by golly we are going to make these memories whether you like it or not."

Christmas day Elena was excited to help in the kitchen getting dinner prepared. She is in love with my new apron.(Thanks to Ben's Mom) Earlier in the day we went bowling. One of our newer Christmas traditions that we all love. We went next door and had dinner with our neighbors the Metzels. They are our family here.

Santa made it!!
Legos. All a 5 year old ever wants and maybe a few 35 year olds.( Ben)
Did you see my face in the background. What was Santa thinking!!

Everytime you asked Rex what he wanted this year he would reply, "Santa gonna bring me Bumblebee." He got his wish.
Elena got the bike. She was in desperate need of after outgrowing the little Disney princess bike she got when she was 3. Noah has been gracious enough to let her ride his Batman bike the last year or so.
Christms Eve we decorated cookies for Santa. They did an excellent job.

5 comments:

Keith and Allie said...

What a fun Christmas! Glad Santa made it and your kids got what they wanted! Now we have a whole year to do it all again! :)

Candice said...

So fun! Jim and I have started watching a movie Christmas eve to keep us awake until the kids fall asleep, but the kids get mad that we're keeping Santa away. Either way we can't win!

Lambeth Family said...

Oh good! Santa made it to your house too. My nephews are obsessed with bumblebee too. We also have those same snowflake jammies for the girls. We think a like!

Shauna said...

The pictures are great. We missed you for xmas and the kids. It looks like santa brought everything that the kids needed. I love christmas and I am sad that it is over. Hey, I think me and you have the same pajama pants? Are those from old navy? Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Hey, I forgot to tell you that Mallory wanted to go by your house to bring you carmel corn and christmas carol. I told her maybe next year:)

Zelma said...

Wonderful pictures, so missed you at the family dinner, but it looks like all was well at your house. They kids are all at the right age for Christmas fun. See you soon.
Love Mom